Friday, November 03, 2006

Encouragment

Hebrews 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

My goodness! The e-mails just came pouring in after I poured my heart out to you all. What a blessing! I can’t believe the encouragement and support you all poured out on me . . . I’m speechless. Well, almost. :)

I was thinking today about how it is so easy for me to look at Scripture and tell you what it means and how we should live accordingly. But I’ve gotten out of the habit, for the most part, of just sharing my heart with you, and what’s going on in my life. We need that, don’t we? Satan has a way of convincing us we’re all alone in our fights and struggles – we’re the only one’s who every mess up or make this kind of bad choice. When that is not the case at all!

This verse in Hebrews has been and still is my “call to action” verse for Morning SonRise. I want to encourage you daily, and I think one way I can do that is to share my struggles, disappointments, and failings with you. In this way, you will know that you are not alone! You are not the only one who messes up, and wonders when you’ll get it right. Not that I am giving excuses and saying it’s OK to mess up. We still need to fight the good fight, and do our best to grow ever-closer to Christ, in His likeness. However, we cannot allow Satan to corner us, and separate us from each other, hardening us through the lies he piles on top of the bad choices we make.

Find encouragement, then, dear friend, that I am not perfect – I am actually so far from perfect that I wonder how God could use me. It is only through His grace and by His mercy that I am allowed to work with Him, because I think I get more wrong then I do right, sometimes!

So, don’t be surprised to hear more of my life and the struggles I am wrestling with. Perhaps together we can walk this path and grow in Christ, supporting and encouraging each other as long as it is called Today.

No comments: